Parent Relocation

When the need for out-of-state relocation of a custodial parent and a child or children results in a request for a custody and visitation modification, the Plano divorce and family law attorney who brings three decades of family law experience to the protection of your rights is Joseph A. Barbknecht.

Mr. Barbknecht is a skilled lawyer who works with other lawyers and knowledgeable support staff to advocate for or oppose a move to relocate a child out of state.

At The Barbknecht Firm, P.C., we listen carefully to your parental relocation goals, respond with realistic assessments of your chances for success and always provide attentive personal service throughout the legal process.

30 Years Of Relocation And Custody Modification Experience In Plano

The Barbknecht Firm, P.C., works with clients in Richardson and throughout the Dallas Metroplex to request or contest a petition to relocate for reasons that include:

  • Job loss or job seeking in another state
  • Business or military transfer
  • Remarriage
  • Specialized health care available only in another state to treat a serious illness

Do you suspect that your former spouse is attempting to use relocation as an excuse to move your child out of Texas?

Are you seeking a custody or visitation modification based on a request to relocate, or a response to such a request?

You can count on The Barbknecht Firm, P.C., to work hard to get you through this.Contact us today to arrange your free, confidential initial consultation. Call today, toll free, at 972-312-1510, or you can reach us via email.